• Seite:

THEMA: steigende Kriminalität in USA

steigende Kriminalität in USA 11 Jun 2021 15:18 #1

• Beate
  • Beates Avatar Autor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 41
Ich bin gerade über diese Diskussion gestossen. Das ist das erste mal, dass ich von einem Amerikaner lesen muss: Kommt nicht hierher.
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12384-k13561803-o10-Destination_Expert.html

Allerdings habe ich ähnliches in letzter Zeit auch von San Franzisco lesen müssen. Es ist einfach nur traurig.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

steigende Kriminalität in USA 12 Jun 2021 19:35 #2

• Beate
  • Beates Avatar Autor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ich wurde gerade darauf aufmerksam gemacht, dass man anscheinend meinen link nicht lesen kann, wenn man nicht eingeloggt ist. Schade!
Deshalb kopiere ich hier mal den Eingangs-Post. So hat man wenigstens einen Überblick, von was überhaupt die Rede ist:
"""
"""
I've had occasions in the past to advise people that, because of COVID or because of major scheduled events, they should be aware of how those things will limit their options. I think for the first time, I'll be telling people this summer to find another destination. The streets of Austin are becoming frankly dangerous in the heart of the downtown, the place people come for.

The City has spent many years playing Homeless Pokemon, trying to get them all, and it's come home to roost. The homeless, whose tents now line the sidewalks of entertainment venues, have declared themselves militant and their intent to resist any enforcement of camping bans and have formed armed "security" patrols, openly declaring their willingness to kill police, threatening news media, harassing even city counsel members on the street near City Hall. City administration is paralyzed, the city manager saying the illegal camps and armed resistance to any enforcement is a "protest" only.

The police have declared they will enforce the camping ban beginning August 8. But they will not be allowed, nor will they be able, to effectively manage the problem.

A change in state law to make carrying handguns without license or training will shortly be signed into law, bringing handguns to the status of long guns which have always been free to carry. This will apply to the homeless "security" patrols, too. The homeless and all those who come out into the street under their cover to seek trouble will be emboldened by all this and will feel free to harass and attack anyone at their whim.

My advise for at least the summer will be for tourists to stay out of Austin. Because they are in downtown, the whole area, including all the major music venues will be essentially under siege. It's an awkward position for a DE.

I'm not unsympathetic. The situation can be laid at the door of Austin's elected administration. The city, the visitors, the businesses and the homeless will suffer the consequences. I will monitor the situation for substantive changes, but knowing the City, little will change.

"""""

Letzte Änderung: von Beate.

steigende Kriminalität in USA 15 Jun 2021 18:05 #3

• Tatsli
  • Tatslis Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 62
Ich habe gerade die Tage ein Video von Austin erhalten, wo die Polizei versucht den Müll und die Zelte in der Nähe der City Hall abzutransportieren.

Video

Ich möchte nicht mehr dazu sagen ausser:
Ich habe ja gewisses Verständnis für die Obdachlosen, aber so geht es auch nicht.

you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas (Davy Crockett)
You can take this Girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of this Girl

Letzte Änderung: von Tatsli.

steigende Kriminalität in USA 19 Jun 2021 20:13 #4

• Beate
  • Beates Avatar Autor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Da hast Du absolut Recht.
Leider ist es jetzt so, dass den Amerikanern ihre anti-soziale Politik auf die Füsse fällt. Wenn es nur in etwa die Hilfen gäbe, die hier in Europa selbstverständlich sind, wäre das Problem der homeless people jetzt nicht so gross.
Es ist ja leider inzwischen so, dass z.B. grosse Gebiete von San Francisco von diesen Menschen belegt werden, sodass sich viele Touristen da gar nicht mehr hin wagen. LA ist es genauso, und wahrscheinlich viele andere Städte. die nicht so im Fokus stehen.
So sehr ich die USA und die Amerikaner liebe, aber diese Art von unsozial habe ich nie verstanden.

steigende Kriminalität in USA 21 Jun 2021 09:23 #5

• Tatsli
  • Tatslis Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 62
Ich habe es noch nie verstanden, dass man die Türen für "Fremde" öffnet (Danke Herr Präsident) aber für die eigenen Leute kein Geld (haben will) hat.
Dies genauso in Deutschland und der schweiz

you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas (Davy Crockett)
You can take this Girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of this Girl

• Seite: